Position: Education Assistant (for the 2023-2024 school year) (posted March 1/23)
This full-time contract position is for trained EA applicants interested in working within Christian education, providing care and support for our students.
- Education Assistant certificate
- Criminal Record Check
- Training and/or experience working with students with autism, learning disabilities, and developmental delay, and in supporting student mental health
- Friendly and flexible team player
- Effective communication skills; fluent in oral and written English
- The ideal candidate will be a faith-filled professional with a passion for children and teaching discipleship through Christian Education
Responsibilities may include:
- Providing support to students within the regular classroom, in small groups and one on one
- Assisting with the implementation of IEP and Learning Support Plans under the direction of the Learning Support Team; also keeping records and maintaining confidentiality
- Working as part of a team of Education Assistants under the direction of the Learning Support Coordinator
- Additional duties include supervision, clubs, student exercise programs, etc.
Please provide a personal statement of faith (testimony) along with your certification, cover letter and resume. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please email email@example.com or mail all required application documents to:
Lonnie Penner, Principal
Phil & Jennie Gaglardi Academy
1475 Noel Avenue
Comox, B.C. V9M 3H8