STUDENT DRIVER AND PASSENGER POLICY
Phil & Jennie Gaglardi Academy
- Student care and safety at Gaglardi Academy is a priority.
- School liability insurance does not cover student drivers while off-campus.
- School liability insurance does not cover students riding in other student vehicles (regardless of parental permission).
- Phil & Jennie Gaglardi Academy purchases a liability policy that covers its students on-campus during instructional days from 8:30 am - 3:15 pm.
- Phil & Jennie Gaglardi Academy purchases additional field trip (i.e. Skiing, swimming) liability insurance covering ad hoc off-campus events and extra-curricular activities.
- Sports B.C. covers student liability during sport extra-curricular activities both on and off-campus provided the event is sanctioned by Sports BC.
- The school liability policy does not extend to students driving their vehicles during school hours or for extra-curricular activities.
- ICBC liability coverage is limited to whatever the insurance amount purchased by the vehicle owner at the time of policy renewal.
- This policy extends to:
- School sanctioned field trips/activities – group liability insurance purchased by the school but does not cover individual student drivers; coverage by ICBC only.
- Off-campus sports events – group liability insurance is purchased by BC Sports and does not cover individual student drivers; coverage by ICBC only.
- Lunch hour coverage – ICBC only.
- Study block coverage - ICBC only.
Student Driver Permissions
- With parent permission, students are permitted to drive their vehicles to and from school, lunch hour, study blocks and local sporting events.
- Students are not permitted to chauffeur other Gaglardi Academy students during school hours. Chauffeuring extends to lunch hour, study blocks, school-sanctioned field trips/activities or off-campus sports events.
Student Drivers and Passenger Policy, December 18, 2017
Updated September 23, 2019