ROLE OF SAFE SCHOOL COORDINATOR
Phil & Jennie Gaglardi Academy
The role of the Safe School Coordinator is to promote a safe, orderly, and caring environment by planning and implementing programs designed to reduce school aggression and to engage students in appropriate behaviours and activities to promote character and facilitate academic growth.
- Plans and aids in the implementation of programs and activities to reduce school violence and aggression (ie WITS, Cardinal Virtue programs).
- Serves as a positive role model.
- Maintains high visibility throughout the building and grounds.
- Coordinates program-related staff development for faculty.
- Monitors and reports student behaviour and develops interventions for improvement (ie Green Sheet monitoring).
- Makes recommendations to School Director utilizing the data collected from Green Sheets.
- Makes classroom presentations on program-related topics in coordination with instructional staff.
- Serves on School-based team and meets once per week.
- Participates in professional growth opportunities.
- Serves as a team player and role model for other employees in the school.
- Should have First-Aid qualifications.
Role of Safe School Coordinator, September 9, 2019