Hello, Parents and Families of Gaglardi Academy!
Normally we would be working on Emergency Preparedness during May 3-9, 2020, and with all of the Covid19 protocols now might be a good time for you and your family to do some emergency preparedness of your own.
Does your family have a gameplan in the event of an emergency?
The following information will help you and your family know how to respond in the event of a fire, earthquake or other emergencies. I hope you take advantage of these great links, resources and activities for kids.
The link below is an informative booklet that explains how your family can be prepared in the event of an emergency or a disaster.
Below is an article that will guide parents in teaching their children how to deal with unusual situations and circumstances.
Make an emergency plan for your family online.
It will take you about 20 minutes to make a family emergency plan online. You can then print it out. Before starting, you will need to think about:
- Safe exits from home and neighbourhood
- Meeting places to reunite with family or roommates
- Designated person to pick up children should you be unavailable
- Contact persons close-by and out-of-town
- Health and insurance information
- Places for your pet to stay
- Risks in your region
- Location of your fire extinguisher, water valve, electrical panel, gas valve and floor drain
- Although this is a USA site, it has great games for kids that teach emergency preparedness. It is a level up type of game. So you need to start at #1 in order to get the password to play the next game. https://www.ready.gov/kids/games
- Emergency Preparedness Sesame Street style. https://www.sesamestreet.org/toolkits/ready
- Two different activity books for kids:
Enjoy your week!
Mrs Norma Bomske
Safety and Drill Coordinator