Position: Full-time Office Assistant (Posted Sep. 8/23)
We are seeking a detail-oriented and proactive Office Assistant to provide essential support to our Administration team at Phil & Jennie Gaglardi Academy. The successful candidate will assist in maintaining efficient administrative operations, ensuring seamless communication, and contributing to the overall success of the school.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet and assist visitors, parents, and students in a friendly and professional manner.
- Perform Receptionist duties such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Answer phone calls; take and deliver messages
- Direct inquiries to the appropriate department
- Collate and maintain daily logbook
- Attend to student needs.
- Maintain a clean and organized reception area and office space.
- Assist in scheduling appointments; IEPs, student-led conferences, parent/teacher interviews. Experience Kindergarten, tuition meetings etc.
- Assist with maintaining the school's filing systems ensuring documents are organized and accessible; both paper and electronic.
- Provide and or coordinate medical attention for students/staff when needed.
- Support and assist with the coordination of school events, workshops, and student programs.
- Assist and maintain MyEd in three main areas:
- MyEd Student Attendance – record and maintain student daily attendance records
- MyEd Student demographics – includes contacts and their information
- MyEd Student alerts – from here update the staff room and medical room’s briefing boards
- Additional attendance tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinating daily ridership changes with the bus drivers
- Friday’s hot lunch absences forwarded to PAC
- Maintain a list of families who are away on vacation
- Assist with administrative tasks such as photocopying, scanning and faxing.
- Help with the coordination of student enrollment and registration processes.
- Develop and maintain all forms officially used by the organization.
- Develop/maintain a volunteer database to monitor CRC and DL expiry dates.
- Assist with coordinating volunteers for various tasks around the facility or for activities.
- Assist with scheduling and managing class field trip/activity/transportation requests ensuring the process is moving forward and or has been completed.
- Support the Leadership team and other staff with various administrative tasks as needed.
- Assist with annual start-up such as, but not limited to:
- Create Email accounts; new staff & new students
- Collate classroom parent email lists and student email accounts for accessibility
- Process new student records; digital & paper systems
- Collect and collate permission forms
- cleaning and organizing the office space; assisting where needed
- Uphold a positive and welcoming atmosphere for all visitors and stakeholders.
- Handle sensitive information with confidentiality and discretion.
- Assist with the assembling and distribution process of student Report Cards
- Assist with annual End-of-the-Year tasks such as but not limited to the following:
- Preparations for the Academy Awards: ordering and purchasing gifts and awards
- Archive/remove former student emails
- Assist staff and leadership team with various tasks
- Prepare Certificates of Recognition
- As time permits, additional tasks requiring the skill set and knowledge within the office administration wheelhouse may be added to this position.
- Assist with After School Club registration and administrative tasks.
- High school diploma or equivalent; post-secondary education is a plus.
- Previous experience in an administrative or office support role is preferred.
- Proficiency in using office software (Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, etc.).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities.
- Attention to detail and the ability to multitask effectively.
- Friendly and professional demeanour with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Familiarity with BC's education system and administrative processes is an asset.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a willingness to take initiative.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic school environment.
- An intentional Christian
To be considered for the Office Assistant position, please submit the following:
- A current resume with two professional references
- A copy of your Secondary/Post-Secondary transcripts
- A statement of faith and personal testimony
The successful candidate must be willing to sign a Statement of Faith and a Community Code of Conduct Agreement.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The posting will close when a suitable candidate is found.
Please send all required application documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Caron Mulgrew, Comptroller
Phil & Jennie Gaglardi Academy, 1475 Noel Avenue Comox,
BC V9M 3H8