Position: Grade 7 Teacher (posted May 9/23)
This is a full-time position from September 2023 to June 2024. Contract to begin during August training on August 28, 2023. Salary is based on years of classroom and teaching experience.
Candidates applying for the position must be:
- A committed, church-attending Christian
- A BC-certified teacher for the 2023-2024 school year
- Willing to co-plan, co-teach and co-assess within a team-based middle school environment
- Experienced in intermediate teaching and be willing and capable of working collaboratively with fellow teachers, EAs, parents, and staff members.
- Committed to and practising the philosophy of Inclusion
- Able to differentiate instruction, incorporating Universal Design strategies/supports
- Familiar with Google Workspace (i.e. Google Classroom)
- Interested in assisting with the extra-curricular program of the school and be involved in school life.
- The ideal candidate will be a team-oriented professional with a passion for Christ, children and learning. The successful candidate must provide a pastoral reference and be willing to sign a Community Code of Conduct Agreement.
The application must include:
- A current resume with two professional references
- A copy of your BC Teachers Certificate and University Transcripts
- A statement of faith and/or personal testimony.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The posting will close when a suitable candidate is found.
Please send all required application documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Lonnie Penner, Principal
Phil & Jennie Gaglardi Academy, 1475 Noel Avenue Comox,
BC V9M 3H8